Friday, June 24, 2011

Student movement 2011

I think the issue of education in Chile is very important, the movement of secundary and university students is a necessity for than the current authorities have to do something.

Some believe it called for improvements in education is as childish as asking for a happier world, maybe if you're right, but we as a generation we have to require education in Chile improve.

Education in Chile today is wrong, as that its purpose is to generate money. I for example, I have a millionaire debt to the state, because I study with state credit,  I have to pay this debt, for many years, when either professional. (by 10 or 20 or 30 years)

Chile is the second most unequal in the world education, Chile has the sixth highest tariffs in the world, compared to purchasing power parity-and worst system of grants to the other 5, with no world-class university, unlike the other 5. This data is sad, but all are real.

In my case I do not think that free higher education is the solution, buts I do think you have to subsidize more students in traditional universities.

I personally do not participate direct in the activities strike or sit-in, but if I agree with the purpose intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment